Of the three memo books in our Winter 2014 Ambition edition, the one that people seemed to love the most was the Weekly Planner. It was a great, valuable tool for keeping track of a busy schedule and all that stuff that needs to get done. We were using it around here, and though we don’t have metrics or fancy graphs or anything, efficiency around Field Notes HQ seemed through the roof (though it was also around the same time we got a new coffee maker to replace our busted one, so who knows?).
All of this got us thinking. What if maybe we took our Steno, one of our most useful products, in that it lays flat on the desk and is invaluable for jotting stuff down, and combined it with that planner? And so was born our new product: the 56-Week Planner.
We’ve been testing them here and we’ve come up with only one question that we really don’t have a good answer to: “What took us so long?”
It’s a durable notebook that looks great, feels just right, and will hold up to years’ worth of your busy life without batteries, brand-sponsored Wi-Fi, or a monthly service charge loaded up with hidden fees.
01. Proudly printed by the good people of Schneider Graphics, Lake Zurich, Ill.
02. Cover printed on a General screen printing press, on 60 pt. "Super Duty Chipboard" with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of "Dachshund Nose" black Atlas ink.
03. Innards printed on a 19" × 25" Heidelberg MO offset printer, on Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 70#T "Bright White," with a fine, 1-color application of "Canvas Duck" soy-based ISC America ink.
04. Bound with bombproof black metal "Double-O" Ring Wire, with appreciation to U.S. Patent #2142816 "Binding Construction and Method," filed in 1935 by W. Walter Grumbacher.
05. Corners rounded to ½" (12.7mm) by a Challenge round-corner machine.
06. Planner dimensions are 4¾ × 7½ (121mm x 191mm).
07. Planner rules: .227" (5.78mm). Pretty random, but it worked best that way.
08. Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
09. All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
10. UPC 858493003325
Recently Viewed Items
You may also like
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …