A slim profile. Perfectly simple, sturdy covers. Vintage marbled end papers. High-quality paper stock. Sewn-in-signature binding. These 68-page journals are just the place for a life-list, a collection of ideas, or the outline of that project you’ve been waiting to start. You know the one.
The “End Papers” Edition feels a bit more permanent than a simple use-and-abuse Memo book; it’s our classic and practical take on a personal journal. They are Field Notes, however, so please, let’s not call them “fancy.”
01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Cover: French Paper 100#C “Timber Green” and “Nightshift Blue” with a tinted varnish, debossed by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
03. Endpaper patterns reproduced in process color on Mohawk Via Vellum 70#T “Pure White,” with permission of the University of Washington Collection of Marbled Papers: (Green) Vintage 19th c. marbled paper, Schrottel pattern UW 39509, Z271.3 M37 U56 1700. (Blue) Vintage 19th c. marbled paper, Antique straight pattern UW 39508, Z271.3 M37 U56 1700.
04. Innards: Mohawk Via Vellum 70#T “Pure White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Mist Gray” soy-based Saphira ink.
05. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
06. Bound with Coats Dual Duty C8167 “Natural” thread on a Smyth Freccia sewing machine and Muller Martini Norm binder at Harris Bindery, Downers Grove, Ill.
07. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
08. Ruled lines (right-hand pages): 1/4" (6.5mm).
09. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 7" (89mm × 178mm).
10. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
11. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
12. FNC-40 UPC: 858493003738
You may also like
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …