Our popular "Pitch Black" Memo Book eventually gave us the inspiration we needed: we improved the original dot-graph version, added a ruled version, and further expanded the line to include larger “Note Book” versions.
These new Field Notes Pitch Black Notebooks are available in 2-Packs with your choice of Dot-Graph or Ruled 60# Finch Opaque body paper. They’re bound with glossy black staples and sturdy 118# covers featuring new, Field Notes-exclusive black/kraft duplex paper from French Paper Co. Both feature a new Pitch Black logo discreetly printed on the back.
01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Cover: French Paper Co. custom-made 118#C “Pitch Black Duplex” (“Blacktop” and “Packing Brown Wrap”) with a brute force application of “Stephanite” (outside) and “Dachshund Nose Black” (inside) soy-based Saphira inks.
03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Light Mist Gray” soy-based Saphira ink.
04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color press.
05. Bound with gloss black staple wire on a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
06. Corners precisely rounded to 1/2" (12.7mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.